- Turn your waders inside out and locate where you believe the leak may be.
- Get a spray bottle and fill with rubbing alcohol.
- Liberally spray the suspected area(s) with a fine mist of the rubbing alcohol.
- Wait a minute.
- Any leak, scratch, tear will appear as a blueish/purple spot(s).
- Mark with a Sharpie Marker and let the area completely dry.
- Apply Aquaseal to pin holes, "scratches" and let dry over night.
- If you suspect a more significant tear, you can liberally apply the Aquaseal over the tear. Place patch over tear/Aquaseal and add additional Aquaseal to the perimeter of the patch. Let dry over night.
- If you suspect a leak in the neoprene bootie or on any seam, we HIGHLY recommend bringing them in and we'll send them back to Simms on your behalf.
- Kit includes one 2" x 4" rectangular patch
- 1/4 ounce tube of AquaSeal®
Do you know how to find a leak in your pair of GORE-TEX Simms Waders:
Check out Simms Fishing Products site for additional help and information: