Who wants to take a shot at a brand new Ross F1 and Sharkskin Fly Line?
Who wants to take a shot at a brand new Ross F1 and Sharkskin Fly Line? At Trout’s Fly Fishing, we’re big fans of fish related photography. We know that there are a lot talented photographers out there and many of them are already our customers. We’re launching a photography contest this summer – we know that you are going to be getting after it and we want to showcase your fish - and your photography skills.
Here is how it works and what we’re looking for.
- yes, we’re looking for big fish – but most importantly we’re looking for great photography (this is not called ‘show us your biggest fish contest’ for a reason)
- it doesn’t need to be a trout – it can be a bass, a carp, a tiger muskie, northern pike, wiper, blue gill, etc.
- The fish/image has to have been caught/taken in Colorado (we might open this up nationally or internationally down the road, but for now we’re going to highlight CO fish)
- Maximum two (2) photo entries per person
- we’re not so interested in specifically WHERE you caught the fish, but we are interested in HOW you caught the fish or WHY it was important to you (one quick paragraph will do)
- we see a ton of “grip-and-grin” photos so creativity is going to score points
- if you want to share the type of equipment you used to catch the fish and capture the image – that would be great (rod, reel, fly, camera, etc.)
- images will be judged solely by the staff at Trout’s
- send your entry to email@example.com (throughout the next month, we’ll probably post a few of the images that raise eyebrows here in the shop – by sending us your photo, you are allowing us to post it per the details in the fine print below)
Lastly, catch and release fishing is an important concept in the State of Colorado. When you are taking a photo of a fish, do your best to minimize trauma. Here is a pretty thoughtful post about photography and fishing from our friends over at Fly Talk that is worth reading if you are going to spend time trying to capture your fishing adventures digitally.
FINE PRINT AND ELIGIBILITY:Trout’s Fly Fishing “CO SLAB” Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Trout’s Fly Fishing and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child and sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. Entry must be the original work of the entrant and entrant must be the sole owner of the copyright of such entry.WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be notified by telephone, mail and/or e-mail between August 1, 2012 and August 15, 2012. USE OF ENTRY: By submitting an entry, entrant grants the Trout’s Fly Fishing an irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide perpetual license to use the entry and his/her name, city and state of residence for credit purposes in any Trout’s publications (online, facebook, newsletters, etc).