Gear Review: Loon Outdoors UV Knot Sense
Loon Outdoors UV Knot Sense is a must have product when you head out to the river.
What we say
Loon Outdoors UV Knot Sense is a must have product when you head out to the river. Besides using it on just about every large knot I tie, here is a list of things I've used it for:
· I've fixed pin hole leaks in my waders.
· Re-attached a felt sole to the bottom of my buddies Patagonia wading boot.
· I've snipped off the heads of foam hoppers and attached them to midge hooks to "match the hatch" of pellets being flushed out of the fish hatchery on the Davidson River, North Carolina...all streamside.
· I've closed up cuts on my hands.
· Closed up cuts on my dog's paw.
· Fixed pin hole leaks on a belly boat.
The possibilities are endless, because this stuff is simply amazing. What comes out as a sticky goo, instantly sets up when exposed to UV light or direct sun. It's small enough to have in your fishing pack, fly tying kit, 1st Aid Kit or even your glove box.
What they say
With UV Knot Sense you can smooth and strengthen your newly tied knots immediately. After application, it dries instantly with Loon's UV Mini Lamp, UV Power Light or with direct sunlight. Also works great for repairing damaged flies and completing household projects.
· Ideal for coating knots for strength
· Smoothes knots to easily slide through guides
· Cures soft and pliable
· Instantly cures with sunlight or UV light
· Quickly repairs damaged flies
1. While shaded from the sun, apply enough UV Knot Sense to coat knots
2. Rotate line or use applicator to form UV Knot Sense to desired shape
3. Expose to sun light or use Loon's UV Mini Lamp or UV Power Light to cure
4. In direct sun (or when using Loon's UV Lights) hardening should take approximately 15 seconds
- Strengthening knots
- Coating/repairing damaged flies
Recommended for you