Shop By Category

Connect With Trouts Fly Fishing

February 7, 2014
Author: Will Rice

How do you want to connect with fly fishing this year?  Do you want to try to catch a new species?  Connect with friends? Connect with family? Learn to fly fish? Disconnect from the day-to-day grind?

Let us know how you want to connect this year and the three most intriguing answers we find on our blog Monday morning will each win a signature Trouts Trucker Hat.

Comments

#1. Posted by Mark Shamburg on February 7, 2014

How do I connect with fly fishing this year?

I go fly fishing. Period.

#2. Posted by Keith Czechanski on February 7, 2014

I really want to do some fly fishing photography. On medium format film. Black & white and color. There is just something about real film images.

#3. Posted by Barry on February 7, 2014

Here’s a bit of a twist: I plan to use Flyfishing as a means to reconnect with Trai/Ultra Running.  Run in 8 miles, fish, run back out. Next day repeat the process, two new lakes in two days.

#4. Posted by Dan Byrnes on February 7, 2014

I want to help connect other people to fly fishing through teaching.

#5. Posted by Cory Graves on February 7, 2014

My way to connect this year is to get better at reading the water and casting. I plan to spend a lot of time on the water this year, maybe this year I’ll catch the biggest fish instead of the wife!

#6. Posted by Chad Simcox on February 7, 2014

I haven’t fished with my brother in 10 years. This year I plan to hop on a plane to the sunshine state and spend some time on the water with one of my favorite fishing buddies, and hopefully catch reds, snook and some big largemouth bass. It’s been way too long.

#7. Posted by Scott DeMoss on February 9, 2014

Fly fishing this year will be a connection to perspective and awareness. Life can be incredibly dynamic: children are born, job promotions, 100-year floods, disease. In effect, things happen. Standing in a river with cold feet will be a simple reminder of what really matters and the value of every moment.

#8. Posted by Justin on February 9, 2014

This year I’m hoping to chase down some big Idaho bull trout. A bull was the first trout I ever caught when I was little. I was upset at the time, because my father wouldn’t even let me take it out of the water for a picture. My father has always been an outdoorsman, and would rather eat wild game than store bought, so I was shocked that he made me release it. Now that I’m older, I understand why he made me release the fish. He was just trying to protect a species that is threatened here in Idaho because of hybridization. I have grown, and now understand that being an outdoorsman is more than harvesting food, it’s about being a good steward to the forest and the animals that call it home. My hope is to bring things full circle, only this time I will be happy to set the fish go. Also.. I’d like to hook up on a sturgeon on my 7wt. Sounds like a good time to me!

#9. Posted by Will Rice on February 10, 2014

Awesome feedback everybody! It is always great to hear about different perspectives and what connects people to the water - challenge, education, improving skills, environmental stewardship, camaraderie, new species - and just straight up fly fishing.  The three trucker hats are hereby awarded to: Chad Simcox, Scott DeMoss, and Justin. Send an email to will@troutsflyfishing.com and we’ll arrange for pick-up/shipping.

Because this one was so tough to call, everyone else who gave this some good thought (Cory, Dan, Barry, Keith, and Mark), we have a F3T sun gator coming your way. Just send your name and email address to will@troutsflyfishing.com.

Thanks again to everyone who participated and for supporting your local fly shop.  - The Staff of Trouts Fly Fishing

Page 1 of 1 pages

Name:

Email:

URL:

Comments:

Remember my personal information

Notify me of follow-up comments?

Enter this word: