Author: Will Rice
Trouts Fly Fishing Hosted Trip March 15-22, 2014
Andros South – Deneki Outdoors
Seven (7) Nights/Six (6) Days of Fishing
Join Trouts Fly Fishing and Will Rice on a hosted trip to one of the most prolific bonefish fisheries in the world between March 15th-22nd, 2014. Located just 150 miles southeast of Miami, Andros Island is the largest island in the Bahamas chain - yet it remains the most unpopulated and underdeveloped. In addition to just being an amazing fishery – Andros Island is rich in fly fishing history and tradition.
- When: March 15-22 (six fishing days - March 16-21)
- Clients: 5 clients + 1 host (six Trouts Fly Fishing Anglers total)
- Trip Cost for seven (7) nights and six (6) days of fly fishing: $4635 (includes everything once a client is on S. Andros sans tip - does not include Airfare from US-->S. Andros)
- Accommodations: single occupancy rooms
- Fishing: primary target bonefish; alternative species: barracuda/permit (permit are a long shot)
- Invoicing/booking: Clients sign up and billed by Deneki Outdoors direct - Trouts will pass your email contact information to Deneki and Deneki will contact you about completing the booking process
- Transportation: Trouts Fly Fishing will work with each client to book efficient transportation to and from South Andros Island. Clients are responsible for booking their own Transportation and should plan to arrive on March 15th. Once on the island, the staff of Andros South Lodge will handle all transportation to and from the airport and lodge. On the egress, anglers should plan to depart on March 22nd. Trouts Fly Fishing will be working with a travel agent to book our trip and will let them know that our clients might want to use them as well for convenience. Our goal is to work with you to help ensure that the flights you book are appropriate, convenient and efficient as possible.
Travel to the island is fairly straightforward via most major U.S. Airports. Trouts Fly Fishing will work with you to help you make the best travel arrangements possible based on your originating city of departure – if you are leaving from Denver we will attempt to travel as a small group if possible. You have the option to book travel yourself or we can refer a travel agent for you to work with.
Andros South is the legendary fishing lodge on Andros Island in the Bahamas – home to the finest bonefishing in the world.
Do you want to fish to giant schools of hungry bonefish? No problem. Have your sights set on casting to large tailing bones? We can make it happen. Wade sparkling white sand flats, pole remote mangrove creeks, hike to hidden inland lakes, discover remote cays, explore expansive ocean flats? It’s all right here.
The fishery on South Andros is huge, varied and productive. We fish 4 parts of the island – tidal creeks on the East Side, hundreds of small keys off the southern tip of the island, the West Side which is known for large fish, and inland ponds and creeks in the middle of the island.
Some areas tend to hold large groups of fish while others are home to larger fish in smaller groups – novice and expert anglers alike have a great time on the flats of South Andros. We have lots of opportunities for both wading and poling, depending on your preferences and conditions.
Andros South Lodge
Andros South is located on South Andros Island. We fish for bonefish, barracuda, sharks and more, and we have opportunities for shots at permit and tarpon. Guests stay at our lodge and go fishing with our guides out of flats skiffs.
Our focus at Andros South is on providing the best fishing experience possible – an incredible fishery, great guides and excellent service – in an environment that we describe as ‘comfortable but casual’.
We are not a ‘luxury lodge’. The location is beautiful, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the food is great. The overall feel is relaxing and definitely not formal.
Our dining room is welcoming and laid back. It is perfect to enjoy cocktails, great meals and conversation with friends, both new and old. On the dining front, boy, do we have seafood! Many other great dishes too, like jerk chicken and ribs. During your stay you will be treated to lots of fresh local seafood. From fresh snapper and grouper, to lobster and conch, this is fresh fish at its finest. You will enjoy a variety of dishes, with an emphasis on traditional Bahamian cooking. The main dish is always complimented with hearty side dishes and topped off with a variety of truly sinful desserts. You definitely won’t go hungry here. Homemade key lime pie, anyone?
Shorter Trip Options Are Available (March 15-22):
Four (4) nights/three (3) days of fishing: $2565
Five (5) nights/four (4) days of fishing: $3265
Seven (7) night/six (6) days of fishing: $4635
*Transportation: clients are responsible for booking their own Transportation to Congo Town, South Andros Island and should plan to land sometime on March 15th. Once in Congo Town, Deneki will handle all transportation to and from airport. On the egress, anglers should plan to depart Congo Town on March 22nd. For the ingress, this might mean an overnight stay or taking a red eye (most flight depart either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami).
Trouts Fly Fishing is looking forward to getting away and fishing this legendary fishery. Andros South will give you the access to walk and drift seemingly endless flats, surgically sight fish large bonefish, and even relax in a shaded hammock and take in the gorgeous natural environment that surrounds you.
Deposit: a 50% deposit of $2317.50 payment is required (6 days of fishing) will safely hold your spot at Andros South March 15-22, 2014. Final payment will be billed in February 2014. A reminder email will be sent in January.
Any deposits made can be refunded with no penalty within 30 days of the deposit payment date. After 30 days, you can reschedule your trip for any reason. Within 7 days of your trip, rescheduling is not allowed and refunds are not given.
Reschedule for Any Reason
For any trip booked at Andros South, you can reschedule your trip, for any reason, with 7 or more days’ notice, for any time within a year, subject to availability.
· We do not charge a penalty for rescheduling your trip. As long as you give us 7 days’ notice, we will book you in any available week within the next year.
· If you reschedule into a week that is more expensive than the week you originally booked, you must pay the difference between your original week and your new week.
· Within 7 days of your trip, rescheduling is not allowed and refunds are not given.
· You’re responsible for all charges related to rescheduling your trip, including but not limited to airline change fees and fare changes, hotel charges, etc.
If you have any questions or would like to make your reservation for this trip, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Trouts Fly Fishing at 303.733.1434.