Author: Will Rice
Time to Vote for your favorite photo!
Spring time fly fishing here in the Rocky Mountain West is officially gang busters. We fished the Roaring Fork River and the Frypan River and had a blast (look for a detailed fishing report from the ‘Fork and the ‘Pan later this week).
In the meantime, here are the entries from this weekend’s photo contest. Now, it is up to you to vote for your favorite. Whatever photo has the most votes by Tuesday night will win the Grand Prize. We’ll announce the winner on Wednesday morning.
#1) Robert King sent in this photo of Diana Blanco taken in Western Colorado.
#2) Matt Hamilton submitted this Trifecta. Location: Brown Town, USA.
#3) Marshall Putzier snapped this shot on the South Platte River.
#4) Justin Hamblin took this great photo of a cutthroat trout.
#5) Baetis, baetis, and more baetis. That’s what we saw this weekend and so did Jared Young.
#6) Deanna Dozsak captured this image of a South Platte River BRUISER.
#7) Justin Hoadley sent this one in from parts unknown – but that run downstream on the left sure looks "trouty."
#8) Doug Long passed this one on - sharing the love.
Vote for your favorite photo here on the blog!
Here are the official contest rules:
- yep, we’re looking for big fish – but most importantly we’re looking for great photography and people having fun!
- it doesn’t need to be a trout – it can be a bass, a carp, a permit, northern pike, wiper, tarpon, blue gill, bonefish, dorado, jack, etc… or just someone fishing or hanging out…
- the fish/image has to have been caught/taken on April 19th, 20th, or 21st 2013 (we’re counting on your honesty here)
- the photo can have been taken anywhere in the world
- maximum one (1) photo entry per person (give us your best!)
- we see a ton of “grip-and-grin” photos so creative shots are going to score points
- images will be judged by our readers and followers and votes will be counted on our blog (only one vote per person please!)
FINE PRINT AND ELIGIBILITY:Trout’s Fly Fishing Photography Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Trout’s Fly Fishing and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child and sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. Entry must be the original work of the entrant and entrant must be the sole owner of the copyright of such entry. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be notified by telephone, mail and/or e-mail in April of 2013. USE OF ENTRY: By submitting an entry, entrant grants the Trout’s Fly Fishing an irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide perpetual license to use the entry and his/her name, city and state of residence for credit purposes in any Trout’s publications (online, facebook, newsletters, etc).