Author: Will Rice
This is a one day fly fishing school that demonstrates the finer points of dry fly fishing and allows students who have some experience to advance their skill level and fine tune their approach. Our Intermediate Dry Fly Clinic will be held at our WCR Ranch - located on a small tributary of the upper Colorado River, approximately 35 miles in length. The creek rises in northwestern Grand County, in the Arapaho National Forest at the top of the continental divide and flows southeast toward the Colorado River.
The skills taught during these classes typically will adhere to the most productive techniques for that time of year. This clinic will focus on sight fishing techniques, approaching fish and successful dry fly presentation. Anglers will most likely be fishing dry flies, dry dropper rigs and double dry fly rigs.
- $285 per student/angler
- 6 Student Limit
- Class Date: July 19th, 2014
- Class Duration: FULL Day Guided Trip
- Gear: Trouts can provide fly rods, reels, boots and waders or you can use your own
- Lunch Options: a creek side lunch will be provided, your choice of turkey, ham, roast beef or vegetarian sandwich; cold beverages are included as well
- What is not included: a Colorado Fishing License and guide service gratuity
If you would like to make a reservation for this class give us a call at the shop at 303.733.1434.