Author: Trout's Staff
The Denver Angling Community is
cursed blessed every January when The Fly Fishing Show and The International Sportmen's Expo (ISE) converge on Denver, all in the same weekend. We're not going to waste time pretending that this is an ideal situation, nor are we going to delve into our personal feelings about two competing consumer fly fishing shows. Instead, we're going to offer a simple list of why you, as a consumer, should plan on spending a day (or two) at this year's 2012 International Sportsmen's Expo.
FOR THE ANGLER:
1. Trou'ts Fly Fishing will be there, Booth R747. We'll be offering amazing daily show specials on a variety of fly fishing goods, but you have to be in attendance. In addition, we're going to refund the $15 entry fee for anybody who purchases $100 or more at our booth!
2. The ISE show offers better savings to those who attend. You can also click here to receive a $2 OFF coupon for all Denver show dates.
The International Sportsmen's Expo: $15/adult, FREE/children under 15, FREE/active military
* Total number of Exhibitors: 398
The Fly Fishing Show: $15/adult, FREE/children under 5, $2/children under 12, FREE/active military, FREE/scouts in uniform
* Total number of Exhibitors: 88
3. More show days and longer show hours at ISE (click here to view The Fly Fishing Show's hours)
Thursday, 1/5/12: 12pm - 9pm
Wednesday, 1/6/12: 12pm - 9pm
Saturday, 1/7/12: 9am - 8pm
Sunday, 1/8/12: 10am - 5pm
4. Unique and one of a kind presentations at ISE in the Fly Fishing Theater, the Aquarium Demonstration Tank and on the main Casting Pond. A variety of fly fishing personalities will also be on hand including: Pat Dorsey, Landon Mayer, Greg Thomas, Kelly Galloup, Kirk Deeter, Kerry Caraghar, Greg Felt, and April Vokey just to name a few.
5. Trout's Fly Fishing will be raffling off a Sage ONE 590-4 Fly Rod during the show, will all proceeds going to the Children's Hospital. This is a great way to get in the running to win the best fly rod of 2012, as well as help kids in need. Tickets will be sold during the show (1/5 - 1/8), with the winner being announced at 4pm on the 8th.
6. Come test your casting skills at the 2012 Best of the West Accuracy Flycasting Tournament. Open to the public, this event is a great way to see how your skills with a fly rod match up to the best anglers in the industry.
FOR THE NON-ANGLER (BECAUSE YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER MAY NOT LIKE WATCHING A BUNCH OF FISHING NERDS DROOL OVER A FLY TYING DEMO, OR WANT TO WATCH YOU HERO CAST 50')
7. If you’re a bird hunter, the show’s Sporting-Dog Arena presents hourly seminars by training experts, including two local vets.
8. If you’re passionate about the outdoors and want to pass on the tradition, bring your family to the huge Youth Fair, hosted by Colorado Parks & Wildlife. In addition to archery, shooting safety, catch-and-release fishing and live raptors, this year’s Youth Fair includes a huge Nature Trail, created by “Stay the Trail” and “Wildlife Experience Museum.” Youth under 16 enter the show for free, and all gear and expert instruction in the Youth Fair is free.
9. 2012 DockDogs Water-Jumping Contest. We're dog lovers and think this is actually pretty cool. Come see the Trout's Shop Dogs (a.k.a Winston and Houser) dominate this years contest (by dominate we mean fail, and by fail we mean have fun)