Author: Will Rice
Sometimes it is better just to let our satisfied customers do the talking. We received this email last month about the Simms Rivershed boot and thought we would share it in case you were trying to make a decision on wading boots for the upcoming season.
"Killed it again this weekend on the Blue River and I have to say I'm ecstatic about those new Rivershed boots! Super easy on and off and the traction with 5 screws in front and 4 in back is absolutely the best I've ever experienced. So much better than my old felt guide boots that I had been hanging onto and also a ton lighter so I feel less tired hiking my aXX around. Went into Cheesman and they were awesome for the long walk and up and down steeps. No issues with them having a little less material on the ankle for support!"
- Edward B - Angler/Photographer/Trout's Customer
Here is what some of our other customers and followers had to say about the Rivershed boot in a recent impromptu discussion that erupted on a Trout’s forum:
“Off topic; I've got the Rivershed Boots in the picture above and LOVE THEM!”
- Andrew B
“I have the Rivershed Boots as well. They are awesome.”
- John W
“Love my rivershed's best $200 I ever spent.”
- Kris K
“I'm a Simms man from head-to-toe!”
- Richard T
Here is what Simms has to say about the Rivershed Boot:
Hell hath no furry like a river scorned. And with the easy-cleaning capabilities of this CleanStream™ inspired boot it takes little more than a quick rinse and scrub to keep the AIS demons at bay. Housed in a full perimeter of burly rubber, Riversheds™ fuse the exceptional support and durability of a true hiker, with the lightweight capabilities of your favorite runner. Fishing nirvana awaits.
• 100% synthetic construction is lightweight, quick-drying and facilitates easy cleaning
• Rubber coated ballistic nylon mesh panels
• Full perimeter rubber rand offers superior durability and ease of cleaning
• Fully neoprene lined
• Dual-density EVA midsole
• Sturdy asymmetrical molded toe box with rubber cap for protection and durability
• High quality, non-corrosive hardware and high quality, long lasting nylon laces; Pull-on heel loop
• StreamTread sole accepts HardBite Star Cleats, Alumibite Star Cleats, and Hardbite Studs.
• Features CleanStream™ technology along with our new StreamTread traction sole with Vibram® Idrogrip 360 traction lug sole.
• Offered in men's whole sizes 7 - 14