Author: Will Rice
Presented by Trouts Fly Fishing and Sponsored by the Drake Magazine
We’ve had great customer photography sent to us in 2013. You've been fishing hard and we’re having fun living vicariously through your adventures.
As 2013 comes to a close, we've teamed with The Drake and drakemag.com to run our year end photo extravaganza. Send your best fly fishing photo (one image only per contestant) taken in 2013 to will@troutsflyfishing. We’ll put a blog post up in mid-December with the best-of-the-best and then let you vote for your favorite image. The photo with the most votes on January 3rd will be declared the winner (to be announced on Jan. 10). Note: Winning submissions will also be featured on drakemag.com.
What’s up for grabs? 1) A one-year subscription to The Drake Magazine. 2) A $100 gift certificate to Trouts or our Online Store. 3) A Trouts Signature Trucker Hat and Water Bottle. 4) An assortment of Drake flyfishing paraphernalia.
Here are the rules:
- yep, we’re looking for big fish – but most importantly we’re looking for great photography and people having fun!
- it doesn’t need to be a trout – it can be a bass, a carp, a permit, northern pike, wiper, tarpon, blue gill, bonefish, dorado, jack, etc… or just someone fishing or hanging out…
- the fish/image has to have been caught/taken in 2013 (we’re counting on your honesty here)
- the photo can have been taken anywhere in the world
- maximum one (1) photo entry per person (give us your best!)
- we see a ton of “grip-and-grin” photos so creative shots are going to score points – improper fish handling shots most likely will not make the cut. If you want to read a great post on how to safely handle fish when you are taking images of them AND get better shots, CLICK HERE.
- images will be judged by our readers and followers and votes will be counted on our blog (only one vote per person please!)
FINE PRINT AND ELIGIBILITY: Trouts Fly Fishing Photography Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Trout’s Fly Fishing and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child and sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. Entry must be the original work of the entrant and entrant must be the sole owner of the copyright of such entry. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be notified by telephone, mail and/or e-mail in January of 2014. USE OF ENTRY: By submitting an entry, entrant grants the Trout’s Fly Fishing an irrevocable, the Drake Magazine, and the Drakemag.com royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide perpetual license to use the entry and his/her name, city and state of residence for credit purposes in any Trouts publications (online, facebook, newsletters, etc).