Author: Will Rice
The finalists for our “Your Year in Photos” photography contest have been chosen and now it’s up to the Trouts contingent to choose this year’s winner! Big thanks to the Drake Magazine who helped get the word out and who will be donating a year magazine subscription to the winner. What else is up for grabs? A $100 gift certificate to Trouts or our Online Store, a Trouts Signature Trucker Hat and Water Bottle and an assortment of Drake flyfishing paraphernalia.
We had a ton of great entries and a lot of creative and thoughtful images - a big thank you to everyone who submitted photos. But now it is time to pick a WINNER.
Take a look at our customers and followers best fly fishing photos from 2013 and vote on your favorite (one vote only please)! Each photo is numbered BELOW the image with the person’s name that submitted the entry. Only votes on our blog will be counted. We’ll let the voting run for the rest of December and announce the winning image in early January.
1) Kevin Fricke
2) Kurt Olesek - Kurt O is on a walk about somewhere in New Zealand right now. He sent in this photo taken here in CO back in April 2013 (angler Mark Jero)...
3) Ben Carmichael - ""This photo is of my dad and I during the best day of saltwater fishing of our lives
4) Cooper Hopkins - "Here's a photo from Baja. It's not always about the fish, sometimes it's the places you go, and the things that get you there..."
5) Ryan Shannon
6) Chad Bauer
7) A.J. Swentosky
8) Danny Frank author of Delta Trout Force - "Picking one photo was incredibly difficult. I chose a unique one that represents the theme for my year, to remember that it's about having fun..."
9) Doug Hensel Photography - Photo by Kyle Carroll and submitted by Doug Hensel - "Gunnison valley... roll casting..."
10) Brian Kozminski - This one comes along with a pretty great midwest night fishing story.
11) Cam Scott - "Chasing last light at Grindstone Lakes in Central Oregon.."
12) Scott Tarrant - "On a click and pawl Speyco reel no less..."
13) Will Rice - Author of Fly-Fishing Secrets Alaska's Best Guides
14) Carper Davis - "I'll be down tomorrow to drop off some cans! Here's my 2013 entry..."
15) Bill Hughes
16) Scott Kitchens - "'General Sherman' - caught this fish in June...."
17) Nick Basaraba - "That was the last fish of the trip. Watching it go cartwheeling all over the place in that sunset still haunts my dreams..."
18) Mark Vibber - "A San Juan rainbow taken during a cold Feb trip..."
19) Colleen Austin - "New Mexico..."
20) James Jensen
21) James Hiken - "Taken in Colorado fall 2013..."
22) Jon Hill - "Not the biggest fish by any stretch but this was from my trip into the South San Juan Wilderness this year and it was one of the most exciting trips I have taken...."
23) Adam Barbour - AK
24) Stephanie Hosain - "This is a photo of my oldest son netting his catch. Fly fishing is his first love and when we got home after this trip and went through the pictures, we were stunned to see this photo. There was a hole in his net. A heart-shaped hole. It speaks volumes to the passion he has for fly fishing..."
25) Captain Preston Sutter - "Not quite ready..." This was a late entry that we had to accept - we love tarpon here at Trouts Fly Fishing.
Time to vote for your favorite photo - you only get one so make it count. Again, Trouts Fly Fishing would like to say thanks to everyone who submitted entries. We had a great time fishing with you all this year! If you want to check out our Dog On the Blog photo contest from earlier in the year CLICK HERE.