The new Orvis Access™ Rod Series offers true premium-rod, weightless performance at a remarkably accessible price. The carbon-based composite blanks are impregnated with a new epoxy-based resin system with plasticizers for a stronger composite. This is a proprietary new material demonstrating an exceptional strength-to-weight ratio, making these rods even lighter than some higher-priced models. Using proprietary tapers and actions perfected on Helios™ by Orvis rod designers over the past two years, Access rods offer a performance-to-price ratio unheard of in the industry until now. Access rods cast with the same power and precision as the highest-price rods on the market, are just as light if not lighter, and yet come at a price that is accessible to everyone.
- New material with remarkable strength-to-weight ratio.
- Lighter than most premium rods.
- Remarkably smooth and precise casting stroke.
- Root beer blank and woven-graphite carbon and champagne anodized aluminum gold reel seat.
- All chrome guides.
- Sunburst wraps with gold tipping.
- Gold ferrule alignment dots.
- Saltwater reel seat with cork-and-rubber butt.
- Super-grade cork handles.
- Safe Passage rod tube with internal dividers.