The angler evolution has been distilled to three simple steps: Catch a fish. Catch many fish. Catch the fish. Wise words, but limiting. In reality you define your fishing quest. And wherever it leads, G4Zs are built for the pinnacle with new 5-layer GORE-TEX® Pro Shell fabric that bolsters durability and enhances breathability by 25 percent. Powered by the most feature-rich mix on the market, G4Zs include YKK® waterproof center-front zipper for easy access/optimal ventilation, plush handwarmer pockets to toast frozen digits fast, and everything you need for an evolved wader that goes way beyond the basic.
- New 5-layer GORE -TEX® fabric - only featured in the G4Z & G4 Pro Waders - found in the seat, waist & throughout leg with 25% more breathability
- Extended YKK® Aquaseal waterproof center-front zipper in the G4Z allows easy access for quick relief & additional ventilation; the center-front zip also allows for easy on/easy off
- Most feature-rich wader in the Simms line:
- Large zippered chest pockets
- Comfortable lined hand warmer pockets provide room for heater packs, offer quick/easy hand warm-up & convenient hand placement
- Built-in low profile belt loops with high-quality 2” elastic belt featuring Simms Trout buckle
- 2 Retractor docking stations; G4Z includes 1 Simms Retractor
- Included Super-fly Patch
- Adjustable stretch spacer mesh/elastic suspenders provide the most advanced & comfortable suspender system available
- Built-in Gravel Guards feature ultra abrasion-resistant material for added durability
- Updated styling details set this wader apart from all others
GORE-TEX® Wader Care:
The #1 tip to prolonging the life of a wader is drying your waders. It is important to dry your waders out after each use. We recommend drying the inside first (if damp) and then the outside. When drying the outside you can pull your gravel guards up until the feet are dry and then flip them down to dry the rest of the wader
Washing - Use a front load machine or hand wash. Use cold water and normal detergent that does not contain bleach. Once you have washed the waders make sure you dry them properly start by drying the inside first. Never put your waders in the dryer, the heat will adversely affect the seam tape on your waders and will void your warranty.
Fit - We offer more sizes than anyone, a good fit goes a long way to extending the life of your wader. Make it clear that people should use their exact measurements as we have already provided extra room for layering and movement.
General Care - Do not store inside your car for long periods of time excess heat will damage your waders.
Use A Mat - Always put your waders on using a protective mat to shield the neoprene feet from rocks. The Headwaters gear bag for example has a pull out mat that works great for this.
Proper Layering - Do not wear jeans under your waders. Jeans are highly abrasive wearing on your waders from the inside out. More importantly jeans and sweatpants do not transfer moisture away from the body. Use proper layering (to view our layering collection, go here). Using layers such as these will help wick moisture away from your body and assist in the waders ability to breathe.
Stains - most stain removers will work fine on our waders. As long as the stain remover does not contain bleach you should be o.k.
- Worth every penny Review by Sam
Quality Price Value
I purchased the G4 Zippered wader in January of this year, have been in the water nearly 100 times this year and have never regretted it. These waders allow me more comfort and ventilation, helping me take my winter tail waters by storm.
When nature calls, the zipper comes in handy, putting me back on the water in a matter of minutes.
I've scraped them against rocks, logs, trees, and other debris and no leaks.
They are a bit heavy overall, and you'll feel it during a trek into the wilderness, but not impeding.
Not sure how Simms can make a better wader...unless they drop it's weight.
(Posted on 10/18/2015)
Write Your Own Review
|Men's Sizes||Largest Girth||Inseam||Stockingfoot|
|S||35" - 36"||31" - 32"||7 - 8|
|M||39" - 40"||33" - 34"||9 - 11|
|MS||39" - 40"||29" - 30"||9 - 11|
|MK||41" - 42"||33" - 34"||9 - 11|
|ML||39" - 40"||35" - 36"||9 - 11|
|L (9-11)||43" - 44"||33" - 34"||9 - 11|
|LS||43" - 44"||31" - 32"||9 - 11|
|LK||45" - 46"||33" - 34"||9 - 11|
|LL (9-11)||43" - 44"||35" - 36"||9 - 11|
|XL||47" - 48"||35" - 36"||12 - 13|
|XLS||47" - 48"||33" - 34"||9-11|
|XXL||51"-52"||35"-36"||12 - 13|
|XXLS*||51"-52"||33"-34"||12 - 13|
|XXLK*||53"-54"||35"-36"||12 - 13|
|3XL*||55"-56"||35"-36"||12 - 13|
|3XLS*||55"-56"||33"-34"||12 - 13|
|4XL*||59"-60"||35"-36"||12 - 13|
*Only available through Simms' Custom Shop Program for an additional charge.