To the gentle readers who still think fly-fishing is nothing more than the quiet pastime of stately figures in tweed, we have someone we’d like you to meet. Yeah, that’s right, the guy over there with the musky on his line, a buzz from the action and a brand new St. Croix® Legend® X fly rod in his hand. This revolutionary fly rod series is just what the counter-fly-culture crowd has been craving. A beefy, multi-dynamic blend of four carbon materials capable of getting big flies out to the meanest predatory fish – bass, pike and musky. Loaded with IPC® and ART™, these bad boys put it all right there, and then some. Wrap your hands around the grip of a Legend X and hang on.
- Blanks built with a multi-dynamic blend of four carbon materials provide dialed-in performance for casting big flies to the meanest predatory fish.
- Integrated Poly Curve® (IPC®) tooling technology.
- Advanced Reinforcing Technology™ (ART™).
- Super high-modulus SCVI graphite with FRSin lower section for maximum power and strength with reduced weight.
- High-modulus/high-strain SCV graphite with FRSand carbon-matte scrim for unparalleled strength, durability and sensitivity.
- Premium-quality SCII graphite with FRS in the tip section.
- Slim-profile ferrules.
- Xtreme-Skin handle repels water, dirt and fishslime and cleans up easily. Manufactured by St. Croix to provide outstanding angler comfort, casting efficiency and sensitivity.
- Anodized, machined-aluminum reel seat.
- Fuji® K Series Tangle-Free stripper guides with Alconite rings.
- REC® Recoil® snake guides.
- Two coats of Flex Coat slow-cure finish.
- Alignment dots.
- Rugged rod case with handle and divided polypropylene liner.
- 15-year transferable warranty backed by St. Croix