Head Fly Fishing Guide Job Posting - Frisco Location
Interested in being a leader of one of the most knowledgeable, professional, and respected Guide Staffs in the Rocky Mountains? Trouts Fly Fishing, Frisco location, is looking for an experienced float-fishing guide to fill our Head Guide position. This position will be seasonal with a minimum of 4-5 guide days per week. Additionally, this position will assist in supporting Trouts education on-the-water schools as needed.
The Trouts Head Guide position requires someone with high attention to detail, ability to multi task, prioritize while taking tasks to fruition, a level of customer service in alignment with Trouts mission and expectations. A dedication to developing and applying a high level and diverse knowledge of fly-fishing is required. A successful applicant will be computer literate, be an enthusiastic, high energy, self-starting, creative leader and team player, customer service oriented and demonstrate that ability to handle interpersonal relationships and interactions. Honesty, loyalty, and a positive attitude is a given. Extensive training will be provided to the right person for this position. This position will provide assistance and support to the Director of Education, Regional General Manager, Assistant Manager, Chief Operations Manager (COM) and President, with a focus on successful execution of guide trips (float & wade), education offerings, and managing guide and guide instructor staff.
Assist to refine and implement educational offerings and guided trips at an expected level of customer service in line with Trouts mission and standards.
- Supports interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training Frisco location guide and guide instructor staff.
- Assists and support both guide and guide instructors’ knowledge and on-the-water development.
- Work with General Manager, Director of Education, Assistant Manager, COM, and President in booking educational and guided trip offerings.
- Monitoring and completion of pre-trip and post-trip communication.
- Management and monitoring of guide and guide instructor availability and scheduling. - Assist in communication with the Guide and Guide Instructor staff.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Complete special projects as required and requested.
- Previous fly fishing guide experience.
- Guide Instructor (GI) or at minimum Trip Leader (TL) River Guide Credentials - Knowledge of fly fishing, flies, and related products.
- Computer skills to include, but not limited to email, scheduling, and docs programs. - Excellent Customer Service skills
- Friendly, outgoing, and able to work well with others.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Understanding of general marketing strategies, including social media and networking. - Multi-Task in a fast-paced work environment with the ability to take tasks to fruition. - Ability and commitment to work long hours, weekends, and holidays.
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Outdoor industry experience
- Avid outdoor enthusiast
- Percentage per guide trip and/or educational offering
- Percentage is dependent on applicable experience
- Pro-forms and in-store discounts
Please submit a resume and cover letter in person at the Trouts Frisco location. If unable to apply in person, please submit a current resume and cover letter to zeke@troutsflyfishing. Final candidates will be contacted for an in-person and/or video interview – dependent on location.
Fly Fishing Guide Job Posting - Denver & Frisco Locations
Interested in being a part of one of the most knowledgeable, professional and respected Guide Staffs in the Rocky Mountains? Trouts Fly Fishing is currently looking to hire several professional fly-fishing guides for the upcoming 2019 season. Both Walk/Wade and Float Fishing guide positions are available.
- Float certification desired but not mandatory
-5 years fly-fishing experience (minimum)
-2 years guiding experience (minimum)
-Extensive knowledge of local area waters and appropriate fishing techniques
-Excellent instructional abilities
-Passion for sharing the outdoors with others
-First Aid/CPR certification
-Ability to help with Trouts customer events, if requested
-Float fishing guides with Trip Leader certification HIGHLY desired.
-Position will be a W-2 employee.
-Compensation to be determined based off of prior guiding experience
-Applications are currently being accepted for both full-time and part-time guides
At Trouts Fly Fishing, we are a tight-knit group of guides who have a genuine passion for teaching others about the great sport of fly-fishing. We work hard, we work together, and we help each other out. Becoming a part of Trouts Guide Service Staff also makes you a representative of Trouts Fly Fishing- the strongest fly-fishing retail brand in the Rocky Mountains. That being said, a high level of professionalism and customer service will be your constant companion while on guided trips, as well as other Guide Service related events and activities.
If you don’t have the required skills and experience, we encourage you to look into our upcoming Trouts Guide Academy offerings. These are multi-day programs that help up and coming guides obtain the experience, skills and certifications necessary to be a professional fly fishing guide, and can be a great segway into becoming a guide for Trouts Fly Fishing.
Please send resume, cover letter and a photograph describing your prior experiences, and why you would make a good addition to the team to email@example.com