Are you interested in being a leader of one of the most knowledgeable, professional, and respected Guide Staff in the Rocky Mountains? Trouts Fly Fishing, Frisco location, is looking for an experienced float-fishing guide to fill our Head Guide position. This position will be seasonal, with a minimum of 4-5 guide days per week. Additionally, this position will assist in supporting Trouts Fly Fishings education and on-the-water schools as needed.
Does this sound like a job for you? Continue reading below!
Please be aware that the minimum qualification is the holding of Guide Instructor (GI) or at minimum Trip Leader (TL) River Guide Credentials. To meet the Guide Instructor position, a person must have a minimum of 50 hours of on-water training to qualify as a river guide. Please see the CPW website for more information on this qualification
The Trouts Head Guide position requires someone with high attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, prioritize while taking tasks to fruition, a level of customer service in alignment with Trouts mission and expectations. A dedication to developing and applying a high-level and diverse knowledge of fly-fishing is required. A successful applicant will be computer literate, be an enthusiastic, high energy, self-starting, creative leader and team player, customer service oriented and demonstrate that ability to handle interpersonal relationships and interactions. Honesty, loyalty, and a positive attitude is a given. Extensive training will be provided to the right person for this position. This position will provide assistance and support to the Director of Education, Regional General Manager, Assistant Manager, Chief Operations Manager (COM), and President, with a focus on successful execution of guide trips (float & wade), education offerings, and managing guide and guide instructor staff.
Assist to refine and implement educational offerings and guided trips at an expected level of customer service in line with Trouts mission and standards.
- Supports interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training Frisco location guide and guide instructor staff.
- Assists and support both guide and guide instructors’ knowledge and on-the-water development.
- Work with General Manager, Director of Education, Assistant Manager, COM, and President in booking educational and guided trip offerings.
- Monitoring and completion of pre-trip and post-trip communication.
- Management and monitoring of guide and guide instructor availability and scheduling.
- Assist in communication with the Guide and Guide Instructor staff.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Complete special projects as required and requested.
- Previous fly fishing guide experience.
- Knowledge of fly fishing, flies, and related products.
- Computer skills to include, but not limited to, email, scheduling, and docs programs.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Friendly, outgoing, and able to work well with others.- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Understanding of general marketing strategies, including social media and networking.
- Multi-Task in a fast-paced work environment with the ability to take tasks to fruition.
- Ability and commitment to work long hours, weekends, and holidays.
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Outdoor industry experience
- Avid outdoor enthusiast
- Percentage per guide trip and/or educational offering
- Percentage is dependent on applicable experience
- Pro-forms and in-store discounts
Please submit a resume and cover letter in person at the Trouts Frisco location. If unable to apply in person, please submit a current resume and cover letter to zeke@troutsflyfishing. Final candidates will be contacted for an in-person and/or video interview – dependent on location.