The Blue River as it runs through Silverthorne is considered Gold Medal Water and is deemed Catch and Release using only artificial flies and lures. Access is plentiful in this area, particularly in and around the Outlet Mall. Once you get a bit North of Town, access does become more limited.
- From Iron Bridge downstream to the Forest Service Building is all public water. Access is made particularly easy by using the bike path alongside the river.
- Retreat on the Blue, access is limited to the west side of the river.
- Blue River Run Development, access is limited to the west side of the river only, and anglers must enter easement entrances.
- The Ponds Development, access is available on both sides of the river.
- Cottonwood Park Access, access is limited to the west side of the river only.