The crystal river starts above Marble and flows northward to Carbondale where it converges with the Roaring Fork. The most unique aspect of this river is the huge chunks of Marble strewn throughout the upper river. The river gets very little pressure because most fisherman concentrate on the gold metal waters of the Fryingpan and Roaring Fork Rivers.
- Days Inn at Carbondale: Park in the lot near the Days Inn. Signage will explain the access (about 1/2 mile of river)
- Satank: Just northwest of Carbondale; take Hwy 82 north and turn south onto Satank Road. Road will end and there's a parking area. You can fish the Crystal to the confluence with the Roaring Fork.
- Staircase Park: Turn off Hwy 133 and drive behind the 7-11 and City Market. You're looking for Crystal Village. Turn in at the entrance and turn right on Oak Run. After about 1/4 mile look for a walkway down to the river and a park.
- DOW Hatchery: Fishing allowed on the Crystal near and at the hatchery. Located on Hwy 133 about 1 mile south of Carbondale
- There are numerous access if you drive upstream and look for public access on National Forest lands.