Best of 2012 Photo Contest - Win a New Westwater Sling Pack
With only two months left in the year, Trout's Fly Fishing and fishpond put our heads together and figured out it was a great time for another photo contest.
A few months ago we ran the CO SLAB contest for images of fish caught here in the great state of Colorado. This time around, we’re opening it up to anglers and species across the nation, we’re going to use instagram...and you have the chance to win a brand-spankin'-new Westwater Sling Pack. Here are the rules:
- yes, we’re looking for big fish – but most importantly we’re looking for great photography (this is not called ‘show us your biggest fish contest’ for a reason)
- you need to download the instagram app on your smartphone and post your entries to #troutsflyfishing (explore hashtags)
- it doesn’t need to be a trout – it can be a bass, a carp, a permit, northern pike, wiper, tarpon, blue gill, bonefish, dorado, jack, etc… or just someone fishing
- the fish/image has to have been caught/taken in 2012 (we’re counting on your honesty here)
- the photo can have been taken anywhere in the world
- maximum two (2) photo entries per person
- we’re not so interested in specifically WHERE you caught the fish, but we are interested in HOW you caught the fish or WHY it was important to you – you can post this in the comments section of the instagram app
- new to instagram? No problem - it is easy and free. Click here is a quick how-to
- we see a ton of “grip-and-grin” photos so creativity is going to score points
- if you want to share the type of equipment you used to catch the fish and capture the image – that would be great (rod, reel, fly, camera, etc.)
- images will be judged solely by the staff at Trout’s (but we'll certainly pay attention to the feedback on instagram)
- Trout’s has a number of outstanding prizes for the best photography: fly lines, fly boxes, and signature hats just to name a few. Fishpond has donated the grand prize, a brand new Westwater Sling Pack - that's right. We’ll make awards throughout the month of November – you’ll be notified via the instagram app (please read the small print below for all of our contest terms and conditions)
- we will also promote your photography on our blog with a “Best of 2012” post
So dig through your memory cards and send your two best images to #troutsflyfishing on instagram. We're looking forward to see where you've been fishing in 2012 and what you've hooked up with!
FINE PRINT AND ELIGIBILITY:Trout’s Fly Fishing Photography Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Trout’s Fly Fishing and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child and sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. Entry must be the original work of the entrant and entrant must be the sole owner of the copyright of such entry.WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be notified by telephone, mail and/or e-mail between November 1, 2012 and December 15, 2012. USE OF ENTRY: By submitting an entry, entrant grants the Trout’s Fly Fishing an irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide perpetual license to use the entry and his/her name, city and state of residence for credit purposes in any Trout’s publications (online, facebook, newsletters, etc).