Job Opportunities - Denver, CO
Full-Time Sales Associate; Spring / Summer 2017
At Trouts Fly Fishing, we offer customers an accessible environment, knowledgeable staff, and a consistent experience – both online and in the shop. The Full-Time Sales Associate will provide customer sales support within the shop and promote cross selling and upselling opportunities of fly fishing retail products. The Full-Time Sales Associate will also be well versed in customer events, programs and classes and engage in cross selling activities when appropriate. This position will be based in Denver, CO and be primarily responsible for driving the retail sales in the Denver Market.
· Exemplify excellent product knowledge and customer care within a broad range of fly-fishing products and services
· Collaborate with the Manager to promote products and complete product/service requests made by customers who are in the shop
· The Full-Time Sales Associate should have a relatively open schedule of availability which allows ability to staff the shop during busiest sales times
· Exercise best practices for merchandising products in order to best display fly fishing equipment, clothing and other gear, making products visually
compelling to the customer and resulting in a sales floor that is easy to shop and navigate
· Ability to manage time wisely and complete job responsibilities and complete special projects efficiently
· Understands or has experience operating a point of sales system
· Comply with all Company Policies and procedures
· Must have reliable transportation
· Complete special projects as required
· Previous retail or direct customer service/sales experience, Fly Fishing retail experience preferred.
· Advanced angling experience, well versed in Colorado specific fishing destinations and techniques
· Advanced Fly Tying experience
· Saltwater / destination Fly Fishing experience is highly desirable
· We also require a team player who has the ability for time management, demonstrated written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
At Trouts Fly Fishing we are absolutely committed to perfecting our customer’s experience
and we expect the same level of dedication from every employee of our staff.
Hours and Compensation
Applicant would be expected to work up to 40 hours a week through the Summer months, with potential to maintain full time hours through fall and winter based on performance and business volume. Availability to work on weekends is necessary. Compensation will be dependent on previous work and fishing experience.
All interested parties should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
Trouts Fly Fishing
ATTN: Human Resource Department
1303 E. 6th Avenue
Denver, CO 80218
Professional Fly Fishing Guide
At Trouts Fly Fishing, we are a tight knit group of guides who have a genuine passion for teaching others about the great sport of fly-fishing. We work hard, we work together, and we help each other out. Becoming a part of Trouts Guide Service Staff also makes you a representative of Trouts Fly Fishing- the strongest fly-fishing retail brand in the Rocky Mountains. That being said, a high level of professionalism and customer service will be your constant companion while on guided trips, as well as other Guide Service related events.
- 5 years fly-fishing experience (minimum)
- 2 years guiding experience (minimum)
- Extensive knowledge of local area waters and corresponding hatches
- Excellent instructional abilities
- Ability to help with Orvis 101 in-store beginner classes
- Ability to help with other Trouts customer events, if requested
- Professional appearance
- Reliable transportation
- Self-starting attitude
- Passion for sharing the outdoors with others
- First Aid/CPR certification
Please send resume, cover letter and a photograph describing your prior experiences, and why you would make a good addition to the team, to email@example.com