Job Opportunities - Denver, CO
Education & Outfitting Manager - Colorado
Trouts Fly Fishing, a multi-location fly fishing outfitter based in Colorado is looking to fill an Education & Outfitting Manager position for all of it’s operations.
The Education & Outfitting Manager position at Trouts Fly Fishing requires an individual that has a passion for the sport of Fly Fishing and a desire and ability to recruit, educate and retain new anglers through their evolution in the sport. A successful applicant will have extensive fly fishing experience, where any previous work experience within the Fly Fishing Industry is a plus. This person should also be an enthusiastic, high energy, self-starting, creative leader and team player, with a strong emphasis on customer service. We are looking for a person that has the ability to multi-task, has strong people skills, especially as it relates to customer service and is a relationship builder. Honesty, loyalty and a positive attitude is a given. Experience is a must for this level of management, and we will also extensively train the right person. The ability to think creatively and communicate effectively is critical. The Candidate will provide direct assistance to the President, Chief Operations Manager (COM), and Regional Store Managers, with a focus on building and maintaining a year-round educational program, all while maintaining the day-to-day outfitting operations at all Trouts locations. Additionally, the person will provide customer sales support within our retail operations.
- Book guided fly fishing trip and classes for all Trouts Fly Fishing locations
- Oversee, plan and implement the Trouts Fly Fishing Educational Curriculum for online and all retail locations
- Ensure all guided trips and classes are assigned and confirmed by guides
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting for all Outfitting and Education revenue
- Monitor all client follow up communication by the guide(s) following every trip and class
- Assist on sales floor as needed
- Teach in-store and on-water classes and seminars
- Process and submit all guide payroll
- Oversee, manage, hire and train the Trouts guide staff
- Manage all outfitting gear and inventory
- Work in collaboration with the rest of the Trouts Management team
- Previous experience in education and/or fly fishing specific education
- Previous guiding experience is preferred
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, basic web applications, POS systems, etc.
- Intimate knowledge of Colorado and Front Range fisheries
Compensation – Full Time, year-round salaried position.
- Compensation based on experience
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Potential for performance-based bonuses
- Pro-forms and in-store discounts
How to Apply: please send an updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Once these are received, a detailed Application for Employment will be sent to the interested applicant. Final candidates will be contacted for a phone or in-person interview, depending on your location.
Full-Time Sales Associate - Denver
At Trouts Fly Fishing, we offer customers an accessible environment, knowledgeable staff, and a consistent experience – both online and in the shop. The Full-Time Sales Associate will provide customer sales support within the shop and promote cross-selling and upselling opportunities of fly-fishing retail products. The Full-Time Sales Associate will also be well versed in customer events, programs, and classes and engage in cross-selling activities when appropriate. This position will be based in Denver, CO and be primarily responsible for driving the retail sales in the Denver Market.
- Exemplify excellent product knowledge and customer care within a broad range of fly-fishing products and services
- Collaborate with the Management to promote products and complete product/service requests made by customers who are in the shop
- The Full-Time Sales Associate should have a relatively open schedule of availability which allows Trouts the ability to staff the shop during busiest sales times
- Exercise best practices for merchandising products in order to best display fly fishing equipment, clothing, and other gear, making products visually compelling to the customer and resulting in a sales floor that is easy to shop and navigate
- Ability to manage time wisely and complete special projects efficiently
- Understands or has experience operating a point of sales system
- Comply with all Company Policies and procedures
- Must have reliable transportation
- Complete special projects as required
- Minimum Three Years Previous retail or direct customer service/sales experience, Fly Fishing retail experience preferred.
- Advanced angling experience, well versed in Colorado specific fishing destinations and techniques
- Advanced Fly Tying experience
- Saltwater/destination Fly Fishing experience is highly desirable
- We also require a team player who has the ability for time management, demonstrated written and verbal communication and customer service skills. At Trouts Fly Fishing we are absolutely committed to perfecting our customer’s experience and we expect the same level of dedication from every employee of our staff.
Hours and Compensation
The applicant would be expected to work up to 40 hours a week through the Summer months, with the potential to maintain full-time hours through fall and winter based on performance and business volume. Availability to work on weekends is necessary. Compensation will be dependent on previous work and fishing experience.
How to Apply: All interested parties should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
Trouts Fly Fishing
ATTN: Human Resource Department
1303 E. 6th Avenue
Denver, CO 80218