The newest addition to the Nautilus family is the CCF-X2. Already highly regarded, the dual action CCF-X2 drag system features twice the drag strength (20lbs+), twice the smoothness and half the startup inertia as the former CCF.
In addition, this reel is fully sealed and loaded with hybrid ceramic bearings, TPX bushings and an oversized drag knob with infinadjust range settings.
- The CCF-X2 Disc Braking System is an upgraded, stronger, lighter version of the Cork and Carbon Fiber brake of its predecessor. It features twice the drag surface in a dual action brake configuration. Coupled with hybrid ceramic bearings, the reel delivers less than 1% startup inertia at all drag settings. This brake unit is feather light and can be easily switched from RH to LH retrieve. The Brembo® brakes of fly fishing.
- Perpetually repels contaminants from braking system.
- Wrap your line or hang your fly on it.
- Giga: The Uber arbors of fly fishing reels. Reel in more than a foot per turn of the handle. A unique design feature of these spools is grooves that let the bottom of the backing breathe to promote faster drying. The giga arbors have redefined large arbor reel design.
- Laser-ID: This has become a favorite product to come out of the Nautilus think-tank. We laser etch a white spot to the inside of the spool which leaves a textured surface that can be written on. Use a thin permanent marker to write on the line weight or any other information you need. No more washed out or peeled off line stickers. If you ever need to change it, wipe it off with alcohol for a blank slate.
- The over sized CCF-X2 drag knob features the InfinAdjust drag control system: six turns of the drag knob take you from zero to 20+lbs to allow you to precisely adjust your drag tension without fear of over adjusting.