Like an ancient energy source, anglers are drawn to Montana’s Madison River to feel the magic, soak in the camaraderie and learn the ways of the masters. Kelly Galloup would be high on the list of masters, especially when it comes to chucking honking meaty streamers at big fish. Our new Bank Robber™ fly rods are designed by Kelly and embody exactly what he’s looking for when it comes to pounding the bank with Zoo Cougars and Butt Monkeys. These two high-modulus / high-strain SCV graphite blanks reinforced with super high modulus SCVI graphite in lower sections for added power are also two of the first St. Croix rods to feature NSi (Nano Silica), the innovative new 3M™ Matrix Resin.™ Combined with St. Croix’s proprietary ART™ and IPC® technology, the new Bank Robbers are two of the most advanced fly rods to be introduced in many years.
- Integrated Poly Curve® (IPC®) tooling technology.
- Advanced Reinforcing Technology™ (ART™).
- Super high-modulus SCVI graphite with FRS in lower section for maximum power and strength with reduced weight.
- High-modulus/high-strain SCV graphite with FRS and carbon-matte scrim for unparalleled strength, durability and sensitivity.
- Designed with Kelly Galloup especially for streamer fishing.
- Slim-profile ferrules.
- One-piece performance in four-piece designs.
- Fuji® K Series Tangle-Free stripper guides with Alconite® rings.
- REC® Recoil® snake guides.
- Anodized, machined-aluminum reel seat with built-in hook-keeper.
- Flora-grade cork handle.
- Two coats of Flex Coat slow-cure finish.
- Alignment dots.
- Rugged rod case with handle and divided polypropylene liner.
- Lifetime limited warranty backed by St. Croix
- Superstar Service.
- An American made Arm cannon, light in the hand, yet heavy on the power, built with the latest graphite technology for around $400. Incredible!!! Review by Rick @ Trouts
Price Quality Value
(Posted on 11/13/2014)