f you get confused when trying to choose a fly line, you’re not alone. Even the most seasoned fly angler can be perplexed by the variety of tapers, coatings, specific usages and the ridiculous abuse of acronyms. Like our Premium Braided Backing, we’ve simplified the world of fly lines.
Our Intermediate Tropical Fly Line is manufactured by BVG-Airflo to our specific design. Spanning 10 wt. through 12 wt, our focused range helps the angler dial in their saltwater rigs specifically for big flats fish. An all purpose taper punches easily through the wind to deliver the fly at a 1.5 IPS sink rate.
- Premium manufacturing and materials - Manufactured by BVG Airflo with Ridge, Poly-FuseXT dual
coating technology, and Power Core.
- Ridge Technology – Ridge fly lines reduce friction along the entire length of the line with linear
grooves. The concept is simple, less surface area equals less friction during the cast. The Ridge
design also helps the line gather untangled on the bow for easy shooting.
- PolyFuse XT – A proprietary dual coating process lays down a base layer of extremely supple
polymer at the core of the line that will not crack over time. Over the polymer goes a tough outer
layer that is very slick and durable. Airflo uses a proprietary polyurethane blend that contains no
liquid; take liquid out of the equation and you remove the cracking and coating breakdown that often
occurs with fly lines after only one season.
- Power Core – All Intermediate lines have a 6% low stretch braided Power Core rated at 40 lbs. and a
custom length of 110’. Using braided core over Mono helps keep Hatch lines supple in a wide range
of climates and water temperatures. Additionally, reduced stretch keeps the angler in close touch
with the fly for positive hook setting control.
- 100% PVC Free – All Hatch Lines are 100 % PVC free insuring reliable, memory free performance
even after baking on the bow in your favorite tropical location!
- Easy Casting – Intermediate lines can be clunky, even for experienced casters. The 72’ running line
gradually transitions into a 38’ head on our intermediate tapers to create an easy casting line. 1.5”
IPS sink rate is standard issue for intermediate lines.
- Limited Line Range – Our intermediate lines are available in 3 line sizes to create a dialed-in
collection for all bigger tropical species.
Write Your Own Review
- Line Sizes: WF10I, WF11I, WF12I
- Total Length: 110’
- Head Length: 38.5’
- Running Line Length: 71.5’
- Core: Power Core 6% stretch braid (40 lb)
- Coating: Polyfuse XT, Ridge
- Color: Gray Ghost Head/ Aqua Running Line