Full flexing, super smooth with plenty of reserve power. At 8ft for a four weight, the 480 is as smooth as silk. Fuller flexing than the 476, the 480 is a softer, slower and more delicate fly rod and a great dry fly presentation tool.
Epic glass rods are incredibly tough. Our S2 FastGlass has a far higher strength-to-weight ratio than Carbon fibre (graphite) rods. Epic FastGlass rods can endure more acute and severe bends than the equivalent Carbon fibre, tip sections are stronger and far less susceptible to breakages due to high-sticking and problematic rod angles when pulling against load.
- FastGlass™ fly rod blank with internally reenforced ferule system
- High quality fiberglass rod tube in satin black
- Premium hand sewn rod sock.
- cleaning cloth.
- Finest quality Portuguese Flor grade cork grip (Classic Western Shape)
- Epic reel seat in either black or Titanium finish.
- Guide set (Snake brand Universal guides USA)
- Premium quality stripper guides.
- Our signature Epic Ghost Wraps in premium Japanese silk with fine one turn pinstripe midway over each guide foot.