The Renowned Epic 686
Regarded by industry pro's and glass aficionados world wide as the best glass 6wt made, the Epic 686 presents beautifully but packs a bad ass attitude. Perfect for tossing big flies, swinging streamers and light saltwater work. The 686 is as strong as an ox, super smooth and extremely versatile.
Handcrafted one at a time. Really.
Choose the options you'd like on your Epic fly rod and we'll build it for you with tender loving care right here in our Wanaka Studio. Each Studio built fly rod is handcrafted specifically for you from start to finish and each is identified by a unique laser engraved winding check registered against your name in our owners database.
Built Epic Tough.
Epic glass rods are incredibly tough. Our S2 FastGlass has a far higher strength-to-weight ratio than Carbon fibre (graphite) rods. Epic FastGlass rods can endure more acute and severe bends than the equivalent Carbon fibre, tip sections are stronger and far less susceptible to breakages due to high-sticking and problematic rod angles when pulling against load.
Each Epic Fly Rod Features:
- FastGlass™ fly rod blank with internally reenforced ferule system
- Our world famous fiberglass rod tube.
- Premium hand sewn rod sock.
- cleaning cloth.
- Finest quality Portuguese cork grip.
- Full cork fighting butt with composite cork end (no cheap close cell foam)
- Epic reel seat in either black or Titanium finish.
- Guide set (Snake brand Universal guides USA)
- Premium quality stripper guides.
- Our signature Epic Ghost Wraps in premium Japanese silk with fine one turn pinstripe midway over each guide foot.
- Blank Color: Salsa
- Grip: Cigar w/ Fighting Butt
- Reel Seat: Black
Recommended line weight: AFTMA #6
Optimal Grain Window: 140 - 175 Grains