(All Photos By Trevor Brown)
Check out these images from our On-Stream Beginner Fly Fishing School that was held this weekend at the Rowdy Trout Ranch, located on the North Fork of the South Platte River. In addition to holding classes at the Rowdy Trout Ranch, you can book this Feature Property through Trout’s Guide Service for your own personal day on the water. This is a great way to spend time with family, friends, business associates or just get away for a day of solitude and solid fishing.
Here are five things you will learn at our next On-Stream Beginner Fly Fishing School, which is being held on April 13.
1) Basic rod and reel mechanics
2) How to rig fly line, leaders and tippet, basic knots
3) How to read water and wade rivers effectively
4) Local Colorado entomology and fly selection
5) Fighting fish, proper fishing handling and catch and release best practices
If you would like to sign up for our On-Stream Beginner Fly Fishing School or to book a fully guided day of fly fishing on the Rowdy Trout Ranch contact Trout’s Fly Fishing at 303.733.1434 or toll free at 877.733.1434. We also have an in-store Beginner Fly Fishing Clinic this Thursday March 21st at 6:00pm.